Saturday, November 21, 2009

I still might be a city girl!

Wow. What a day.  It's nearly midnight, and I am just now starting to unwind and begin to process the day.  I hate that I haven't been taking pictures, but then again, hauling a huge ass camera through Michael's probably wouldn't have produced any worthwhile photos anyway! What's crazy is that I've gone two days in a row without cooking more than Ellie Graye's egg in the morning -- I think I'm going through withdrawals!

Of course, this seems to be how I work.  I go through cycles...a few months of constant cooking, followed by a few weeks of intense artistic creativity, followed by a time of organizations, and then a return to the constant cooking!  Hopefully I'll be able to jump right to the cooking part again, or Thanksgiving is actually going to be frozen mac and cheese with hot dogs!  Hee hee.

I had a good day, despite Boots still being at the Vet Hospital.  I woke happy - in large part because my little Etsy shop is doing decently - and EG seemed to be in the same "groove" as me!  We had a good morning together laughing and giggling.  I love how communicative she is now, and that she actually interacts!







This child has such a unique sense of style...you kinda can't help but want to imitate it!







After spending the morning with Ellie Graye, I headed out to Michaels pick up some supplies for some of the items I'm creating for Etsy.  I found some perfect items, then headed over to Lake Oswego to meet up with my girls.  Amy, Charlene, and Mona met me at Zeppos for a great lunch and some girl time.  We're all talkers (Charlene and I more than Amy and Mona, I think), and there was never a dull moment...Charlene brought a wonderfully delicious cake to celebrate my birthday - I think I might need to figure out the recipe: a marionberry - poppy seed cake that was to die for.  Just sitting and hanging out with the three of them made me feel so "at home" here.  Sometimes living out in the countryside can feel pretty isolating, but a quick jaunt to "civilization" reminds me that I'm not alone, and that life is bigger than Deer Park.  Thank you guys for being such wonderfully supportive beautiful girlfriends!



Both Amy and Charlene gave me beautiful flower bulbs...


There's the adorable hat that Mona's daughter Mia picked out for me!
I guess my friends know me pretty darn well!


We spent a whole lot of time chatting at the restaurant, and before I knew it, it was 2:45 in the afternoon!  HOLY CRAP! I had 4 orders that needed to be finished and packed up - AND I had to pick Jeffrey up from the airport!  We said good-bye and headed our separate ways. I'm still waiting for them to send me photos since I forgot my point-and-shoot at home...ladies???

Once I got home, I headed down to my crafts room in the basement.  Ellie Graye was with Lorena, and she was happy to be have someone at her beck and call entertaining her!  My cousin Sarah had requested that I put together a package for her to take as a hostess gift on Thanksgiving.  She had a few requests - one of which was vodkas - so I quickly put together several of my homemade edibles, but it was missing something...wine glass charms - but something unique...stemless wine glass charms.






The set of 4

Once these were implemented, I finished the rest of the package.  I forgot to take a photo before I boxed the whole thing up for shipping, but there wasn't much difference - simply cello wrap and a big Thanksgiving bow!


It's a Welcome Wagon!



A close up...

Jeffrey came home tonight - and I was thrilled to see him.  EG was so excited once she realized we were heading to the airport.  She kept signing "airplane" and saying "DaDa!!!!"  It really was sweet to see.  What a doll face.  

So - all in all - a busy, productive, fun day...one that almost made me think I was back to being a city girl -- now wouldn't that be something!  



P.S. Don't forget to go get some shopping done over at Deer Park Farms' store - and more importantly, spread the word!  

No comments:

Post a Comment