Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cleansing Breaths!

Today was just full of cleansing breaths!  I love deep breathing!

Mom and her high school friend Jenn came over for brunch today - and we had just an absolutely magnificent time!  I made a squash tart, and served it with skillet potatoes and asparagus.  I wasn't a huge fan of the tart as the goat's cheese made the flavor was bit to tangy for my taste.  It had lots of possibility, and the asparagus and potatoes balanced it out fairly well.  I'll try it again for sure, but next time will "tweak" it a little rather than following the recipe!  Jenny liked it, though, so that's all that matters! Not sure why I didn't get a picture of the ladies, but next time!


Squash Sage Tart


Apple Cider Breakfast Potatoes





This was my back-up plan if the tart sucked!





We had such a good time, that I've decided I'm going to host a ladies' brunch once a month, keeping each event small enough to so that everyone can sit at one table!  I'll probably start the series on Wednesday, January 13 (though I'm considering also hosting one this month).  There are a few open spots for that day, so let me know if you want to take one of them by emailing me personally at pearlynerfect@aol.com!

I was up fairly early prepping and doing a little decorating before Mom and Jen got here.  I still have a long way to go, but I've got a lot of the basics done. I collected lots of fallen bows (thank God for the wind!), and am still waiting for further inspiration in the living room.  I think getting our tree will be a big part of inspiring me - each year seems to take on a personality of its own!


Dining Room Fireplace...Ed, Jeffrey, Me, EG, Jake, Colin, Mom



My mother is truly talented...she made this out of a block of clay. This is Jake's stocking holder


My ice skating polar bear (mom always gets me polar bears, not sure why); I must have been about 10 when she sculpted him.  Hannah has Mrs. Claus and Colin has a nutcracker.  They're exquisite!


That's not Ellie Graye's; that's Jeffrey's



I've already changed this a bit, and need to figure out what I'm doing to balance out the mirror...
but I'm getting there!

My guests left after purchasing items for themselves and gifts for others, and I headed outside with Ellie Graye.  We went on a long ride on the John Deere, trying to catch the geese as they waddled through the fields.  Ellie just LOVES being outside.




She didn't take much of a nap, so she was tired all evening...she fell asleep on the way home from taking Victor and Lorena, and slept through my changing her diaper (including Desitin), changing her into her pjs, the dogs barking, the lights on, and my singing loudly trying to wake her up.  At that point, I decided that I'd be heading to bed early tonight just like her.  So she was in her crib by 6 pm, and I am hoping to be asleep by 9 pm tonight.  I KNOW I'm going to have a well-rested, energetic baby at about 4 am.  YIKES!!!!  It's a good thing she was so damn cute today!

Giving her baby love


Worried about something...


OOOOH, you're CUTE!!!!





Can't see to eat...hmmmm...


doing what Mommy does





She needed a different pair of glasses, the other ones weren't cool enough


Now let's get down to business.


Fork. Hot Dog.


Mouth.



Ok, so maybe the Elmo thing went a bit too far...EG liked it OUTSIDE, not inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment