Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Dinner #2



I can't believe we've already had two Christmas dinners, and it's only the 23rd!  Tonight's dinner was extra special for me...all I had to do was show up!  That was more of a treat than I thought it would be.  It was such a breath of fresh air.  It feels like Christmas, for sure.

Mom and Ed prepared an awesome spread - Ed cooked a turkey and all the trimmings, and mom made the house look spectacular.  The table was beautiful, and she made our favorite little caprese appetizers that she discovered right here at Deer Park Farms.  I brought along my latest concoction: Christmasy Cranberry Cocktail Mixer and mixed it with DPF's Plain Apple Vodka.  It's definitely going down as one of my favorite all time Holiday Cocktails.






Rose (Ed's youngest daughter, therefore my sister) arrived from the East Coast today, but it was Hannah (my oldest sister) and Sydney's last night here, so it was nice to hang out and enjoy being all together.  I hadn't seen Rose since Christmas of 2006, and her 21st birthday is this weekend! The boys are going to take her out on the town!




Ellie Graye can't get enough of her cousin, so the two of them were pretty inseparable even though they had spent most of the afternoon and evening together.


She's so in love with her cousin


Sharing her special blanket with the baby




Giving love to Baby Sydney

Colin showed up after dinner, and provided the entertainment while Jay-Jee (EG's name for Uncle Jake) helped out with the kiddos.



the best picture of uncle and niece


Colin doing his modern dance ribbon routine...


....while EG watches in disbelief


He really hasn't grown up at all!

We opened the gifts that Hannah had brought, and she opened hers and Sydney's.  It was definitely family hanging out - not always smooth, but certainly lots of love.


Three generations


Helping deliver presents


Leaving a present of her own...

Thanks, Mom and Ed, for all the effort, the delicious food, the beautiful house, and an all-around great night!

RANDOM PHOTOS OF THE DAY














1 comment:

  1. What great photos! Colin cracks me up. I hope you all had the merriest of Christmases!

    ReplyDelete