Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall is Arriving!



October is here, summer is officially gone, and winter is on its way - there's no avoiding it. There's a big part of me that is looking forward to the relatively slower pace of cold weather - the fires, the rain boots, the scarves and cashmere sweaters! I don't really want to admit it to people, because it seems like in general people think I'm crazy for liking the rain...
Ellie Graye had a rough night again last night, and it all started about 20 minutes after I had turned the light out...I'd stayed up far too late talking with my bestest friend Renee, and frankly, I was more than a little annoyed when I heard that first shrill screech of Ellie's night terror. I should probably have taken the doctor's advice and woken her up 15 minutes before the expected episode, but there are times when friends are more important than sleep! Needless to say, I started the day rather slowly...


the cosmos that are brightening up our garden

Victor pruning the lower roses

Victor did lots of work in the garden today, pruning some of the rose bushes, and uprooting the dead pumpkin vines (I still think he pulled them up a bit early)...I love having fresh roses in the house when the crisp Autumn air bites at your nose! There's just something about walking in and seeing a tiny bit of summer holding on throughout the house.








No comments:

Post a Comment