Monday, January 4, 2010

Aaaah, Routine

Oh man! It's so nice to be back into the busyness of life at DPF!!!! I love the holidays, but I am so happy to just have nothing but the chores to do!  I love that life has its way of recentering.

There isn't much to say about the day.  It was the first time in ages I was able to spend an extended amount of time out at the barn. I pulled Avdoo out of his stall, groomed him up and had some amazing one-on-one with my big grey horse.  He is so smart, so talented, and so athletic I feel like a million dollars on him.  I do think he might be going through another growth spurt, though;  I had to drop his bridle another hole.  If he gets much taller, I'm not sure I'll be able to ride him!  Nevertheless, we had a blast working over trot poles, practicing dressage tests, and just being together.  That horse loves to work, and I even lost track of time.  It really was spectacular.

The rest of the day was spent organizing my craft room.  Seriously, I can't believe how bad it got over the holidays.  I found a whole box of stocking stuffers that I had forgotten about! Crazy.

Ellie was so incredibly happy to see Lorena and Gika - so much so, Mommy could have just disappeared! It was nice to know that she was happy and giggly and running around with NaNa while I was able to catch up on everything.

Other than that my day was pretty uneventful...

Oh, and...

Congratulations to my dear friend Anne-Marie Holmes; yesterday she and her husband welcomed their third little one into the world!  Welcome to the family, Ethan!


RANDOM PHOTOS OF THE DAY










No comments:

Post a Comment